Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Thailand Fact of the Day #1: It's hot.

I'm sure that little tidbit of information may have rocked your world a bit, but yes, it is hot in Thailand. And humid - it's rainy season. So if from time to time you find yourself wondering, "Gee, I wonder what Ashley is doing in Thailand today," you can bet your sweet bupper that I'm sweating.

I have also started working at the Bangkok Christian College as a student teacher in grades 1 and 2. Overall, I am very impressed with the school and the marvelous boys there. Over 5,000 boys attend BCC, yet it is not consumed with the maddening chaos that I expected to envelop such a large institution. I have only been in the classroom 2 days, so there will be more educational goodness to come.

About the title...Today, 12 August, is Mother's Day in Thailand. Like other (constitutional) monarchical countries, Mother's Day is celebrated on the Queen's Birthday. So if you want to party Bangkok style, cut off the air conditioning, light 77 candles atop a cake, and tell your mum how much you love her.

...pictures will come, I promise.

~ ฟห้สำ (ashley)

No comments:

Post a Comment