Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm all for breaking down barriers...

...but the language variety are difficult to overcome.
The case in point:
I want to put my photos from Thailand on the slide show gadget on this here blog (exhibit A). I can do so with this here Picasa web software that I just discovered I have available via Gmail (exhibit B).
If this were a game of Clue, and uploading photos was our "Whodunit??" it would be Ashley on the blog with the Picasa....right????
wrong. Thai language (which in absolutely no way resembles English) has foiled my perfect crime. And I would have gotten away with it had it not been for those meddling letters I cannot read.
I refuse to give up. I took a utensil from the cafeteria in this communication prison...don't tell the guards. I will spork my way out of my cell tonight on another computer. I will avenge my Kodak moments: I will download, upload, post, share, lather, rinse and repeat until my heart's content.
So there, Microsoft Internet Explorer. You may know my current location, but you will never know me. I don't read Thai, silly iE. Beware, I'll be back.

so violent for someone who just wants to upload photos of cute kids in a foreign country. clearly, i need a weekend......and another round of espresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment