Tuesday, August 24, 2010

yawn. stretch. sip coffee. conquer.

Today's to do list: yawn. stretch. sip coffee. conquer. And that's after the two hours of a.m. activities aimed to earn a paycheck.

This blog used to be called adventures in student teaching. But that was just one small, yet terribly exciting, chapter to my so-called life. Things have slowed down tremendously since then....almost to a halt, by comparison. So from time to time, I will grab a cup of coffee, log into the blog, settle into the not-couch (floor) and reminisce about the good ol' days: Thailand and Chattanooga. I'll consider it practice for any potential future grandchillins.

Life is not a fairy tale. Not all princesses live at Disney World....some live in Disneyland. I'm part of the "rest of the world" category. I prefer flip flops to glass slippers and I can't wear a tiara with my sunglasses atop my head. And don't get me started on ball gowns.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall ever dreaming of being a princess. Princess Teacher Barbie? Please. My life just wouldn't fit into a neat, princess story package with a bonus light up wand. So I'm writing my own kind of fairytale. Instead of fairies and pixie dust to help me accomplish, I'll turn to coffee and friends (coffeetale?). Prince Charming needn't ride in on a stallion...a Jeep would be just find. Royal subjects: I decline. Class of young minds: I'll gladly accept.

But honey, about that wand....if they do exist....I'll take twenty.

Life's to do list: Write my own caffeinated fairytale. Find my own happily ever after, and after and after. Keep up with this blog.

Next episode: Jimmy Buffett, dreams and schemes, and maybe an LOL or two from the Oprah and Gayle vault.

1 comment:

  1. Oprah and Gayle! Oprah and Gayle! Oprah and Gayle!

    P.S. Can Oprah get a cup O' joe passed her way sometime??

    ReplyDelete